April 14, 2012

Gracious

"The scent was intoxicating; it filled me full, madly, wildly, deeply and I was transported still again"

Because You Loved Me
by Celine Dion


For all those times you stood by me 
For all the truth that you made me see 
For all the joy you brought to my life 
For all the wrong that you made right 
For every dream you made come true 
For all the love I found in you 
I'll be forever thankful baby 
You're the one who held me up 
Never let me fall 
You're the one who saw me through through it all 

You were my strength when I was weak 
You were my voice when I couldn't speak 
You were my eyes when I couldn't see 
You saw the best there was in me 
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach 
You gave me faith because you believed 
I'm everything I am 
Because you loved me... 

Maybe I don't know that much 
But I know this much is true 
I was blessed because I was loved by you 

You were always there for me 
The tender wind that carried me 
A light in the dark shining your love into my life 
You've been my inspiration 
Through the lies you were the truth 
My world is a better place because of you 

I'm everything I am 
Because you loved me

Gratitude. There it is; I've said it and many, many others have also. Maybe it's not been said as poignantly as the song lyrics state, but all the same, it's there.
Just yesterday a wind suddenly blew cool and clear; I inhaled and was filled with the merest whiff of a scent, borne on the wind. It recalled to me the times when I was needing a hand up and help from a kindred soul, one more alike than different.
The scent was intoxicating; it filled me full, madly, wildly, deeply and I was transported still again to the first meeting years ago to one who would be, for me, my help. I could not have known it then, but the winds of change were there, unmistakably there. Like it or not. And most of us tend to the 'don't like it.' The world is not static. It changes, sometimes quite rapidly. Sometimes we're ready to meet those challenges, sometimes not so much. 

For others changes mean depression, lasting and deep; yet it was through the saddest of eyes that my heart first leaped and the sense of hope rose. It rose high, like a kite soaring through the sky, and you were there. Even when against the wind, you were. In the end, after all was done, done mostly well, my life changed for the better because of you, a voice, an inspiration, because I could see through the lies to a truth that was always there.
And because you never truly let me fall. Listen carefully; the words are there. They've always been there. There is one who is come into the world, one who sees and who redeems all. We are blessed and truly innocent, starting anew.

No comments: