July 9, 2017

Radical Grace

Radical Grace

Bent, banged, broken
radical grace
entered upon me in my darkness
my violent grief

A stone too large 
to carry
rocky beginning
stony ends
radical grace 
entered upon me in my confusion

Wretched, cold, wicked
a race to the lowest
heavy, despair
radical grace 
entered upon me my fears released
Divine

All rights reserved 2011 


Forgiveness and grace go hand in hand, it seems. When at first we understand that grace, while possibly as mysterious as love, is a free gift given, and also a gift received. And when we are keenly aware of our failing, our meanness and infliction of vile upon others and think that no one will forgive us this time, a light enters. It fills our heart with the pure, clean vision of a love that clears the way forward, and a hope fills the air. No, not this time.
How many times must we forgive? "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. Matthew 18:21-22
In her recording, Come to My Window, singer Melissa Etheridge touches upon this. She sings perhaps intuitively, "I stand inside my hell, hold the hand of death, what do they know about this love, anyway... Come into my window, come by the light of the moon; I'll be coming home."

No comments: